DELTA®-MS500 is used as damp-proofing on walls, floors and vaulted ceilings, above and below ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background.
It can support a dry lining, screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- on damp walls and floors in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- on vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls and floors have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over walls and floors which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated (eg with oil or mould), or have a high salt content
- as a waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- an underfloor damp-proof membrane
- a dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available
- a sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
Resistance to water and water vapour — the membrane is water resistant and has a high resistance to water vapour transmission.
Resistance to salt transfer — the membrane provides an effective barrier to the transmission of salts or other contaminants from the substrate.
Resistance to puncture, impact and loading — the membrane has a high resistance to puncture and will not be damaged by normal foot traffic during installation, or while laying concrete, or screeding. It can support the long-term loadings likely to be experienced in service without undue deformation.
Durability — under normal conditions of use the system will provide an effective barrier to the transmission of salts, liquid water and water vapour for the life of the structure in which it is incorporated.
For any queries on cellar drainage equipment, basement waterproofing solutions or structural waterproofing systems please contact us.Get in touch