Delta MS 20 – Cavity Drain Membrane
Delta MS 20 is a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) high drainage cavity drain membrane with superior drainage capacity and compressive strength. Delta MS 20 is suitable for use as a high performance water control and management system in building and civil engineering construction. A superior solution for waterproofing basement floors and walls.
Enquire about this product
- Product Details
- Technical Drawings
- Type C Drained Protection in accordance with BS 8102:2022, Protection of below ground structures against water ingress. Code of practice
- BBA Approved
- Suitable for higher volumes of water penetration
- A reversible system, which will minimize damage to historical or heritage structures
- Virgin high density polyethylene studded/moulded sheet (HDPE)
- An effective barrier to the transmission of salts, liquid water and water vapour
- Resistant to chemicals, root penetration, rot proof, neutral towards drinking water
- Suitable for Flood Resilience
- Resistant to Carbon Dioxide, Radon and Methane
- MS 20 can also be used as a “cavity former” for many types of new construction.
- MS 20 is suitable as damp proofing on walls, floors and vaulted ceilings, above and below ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background.
It can support a dry lining, screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- on damp walls and floors in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- on vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls and floors have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over walls and floors which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated (eg with oil or mould), or have a high salt content
- as a waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- an underfloor damp-proof/membrane
- a dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available.
- a sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
- NBS Specification J40 (Clause 290) Flexible Sheet Tanking/Damp proofing
- BS 8102:2022, Protection of below ground structures against water ingress. Code of practice.