DELTA® MS-500 – 8mm cavity
DELTA®-MS500 is a cavity drain membrane that is used for waterproofing on walls, floors and vaulted ceilings, above and below ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background.
It can support a dry lining, screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- on damp walls and floors in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- on vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls and floors have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over walls and floors which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated (eg with oil or mould), or have a high salt content
- as a structural waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- an underfloor damp-proof membrane
- a dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available
- a sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
When using MS500 on the walls you will require our Qwik-seal plugs to be fixed every 600mm centres and double-sided tape to seal it at joints/overlaps. Also Corner Strip tape is used to to seal the wall/floor joint. Click the BBA certificate below for full installation instructions on page 6 onwards or watch our video guide.
Click photo to take a closer look >>>View Brochure Technical Info BBA Certificate Installation Guide Watch Video Guide
|Product code:||DMS005 / DMS007|
|Material:||high density polyethylene|
|Temperature Resistance:||– 30°C to + 80°C|
|Thickness:||approx. 0.6 mm|
|Stud Height:||approx. 8 mm|
|Roll Size:||2m x 20m / 2.4m x 20m|
|Compressive Strength:||> 250 kN/m2|
|Chemical Properties:||resistant to chemicals, resistant to root penetration, rotproof, neutral towards drinking water|
|Drainage (l/s · m):||approx. 2.25 l/s · m|
|Drainage (l/min · m):||approx. 135 l/min · m|
|Drainage (l/h · m):||approx. 8 100 l/h · m|
|Behaviour in Fire:||Class E|
If you'd like more information on any of our products, call 01992 523 523 today to speak to one of our experts