‘CSSW’ Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing Training
Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing Training or CSSW Training, as it is commonly known, is a nationally recongised professional qualification for anyone involved in diagnosing problems with water entering structures below ground level and who recommends waterproofing design solutions and waterproofing designs.
Delta Membrane Systems Limited have been given permission by the PCA (The Property Care Association) to deliver this highly desirable course at our offices: Delta House, Merlin Way, Epping, Essex, CM16 6HR.
Our highly successful 3 day intensive course provides a comprehensive understanding of structural waterproofing below ground in both new build and existing structures following BS 8102: 2009 – Code of Practice for Protection of Below Ground Structures against water from the ground.
Our 3 day course is suitable for those involved in the design, design process, planning and installation of below ground waterproofing systems and can be used as foundation study for the PCA (‘Property Care Association’) Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW) examination.
Our CSSW training course covers the principles of structural waterproofing, Type A and B waterproofing systems and Type C systems.
- Waterproofing design
- Forms of waterproofing
- Anticipated defects
- Methods of repair
- Design philosophy
- Building construction
- Products and material types
- Render technology and other waterproofing systems
- Theory of structures
- Cavity drain systems (internal and external)
- Maintenance of Type C waterproofing systems, maintenance and aftercare
- Surveying existing structures and preparation for installing waterproofing
- Financial and practical implications of defects and repair strategies.
Attending this training alone does not entitle the attendee to attain the CSSW qualification.
Recommended Reading List
- British Standards BS8102:2009 – Code of Practice for Protection of Structures Agsinst Water from the Ground
- British Stansards BS5250:2011 – Code of Practice for Control of Condensation in Buildings
- CIRIA – Water Resisting Basements
- PCA Best Practice Guidance – Type A Waterproofing Systems
- PCA Best Practice Guidance – Type B Waterproofing Systems
- PCA Best Practice Guidance – Type C Waterproofing Systems
- PCA Best Practice Guidance – Groundwater Pumping Stations Serving Type C Waterproofing Systems
- PCA Code of Practice for Remedial Waterproofing Structures Below Ground
- PCA Guidance for The Service and Maintenance of Drained Cavity Waterproofing Systems (Type C)
- PCA Summary of BS8102:2009
For any queries on cellar drainage equipment, basement waterproofing solutions or structural waterproofing systems please contact us.Get in touch