Delta Membrane Training
Mr X, London “I wish I had attended Delta’s training course sooner, Great course – well done Chris, it covered everything that I expected and more”
Why attend a Delta training course?
As the leading brand in Cavity Drain Membranes (type C), we’re here to help you take the next step on your professional development journey. Attending a Delta course will enhance your earning potential as Delta Registered Installers are able to furnish clients with a 30 year product guarantee offering peace of mind and confidence.
Delta Membranes’ focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector. Delta Membranes seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type C waterproofing/damp proofing, we work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, product selection and correct product installation.
Learning is not just about sitting in a classroom, that’s why we have a fully functional sump & pump training room. This specially designed space has been adapted to provide you with a unique ‘hands-on’ training experience.
Unfortunately, over many years, we have encountered many failed Type C Systems (Cavity Drain) due to poor installation and/or poor design or a combination of both. As manufacturers we do our very best to keep a great name for the industry which we believe it deserves. Attend a Delta course and get the design and installation right from the outset.
Who is this training course designed for?
The Delta course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (car parks, etc);
- Those seeking to refresh knowledge;
- New employees (for those already Delta Registered Installers);
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2009;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing;
- Those seeking to begin the path of becoming a Delta registered installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
The Delta Training course is held at our specialised training facilities in Epping. We have 2 specialist training rooms. A theory room and a practical room, these have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Type C sector. Our Delta training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of waterproofing in both new build and existing structures.
What does the Delta course structure around?
- Code of Practice BS 8102:2009;
- ‘Type C’ waterproofing;
- Cavity drainage membranes;
- Drainage, sumps and pumps;
- Case studies of typical problems and how they can be solved;
- Achieving environmental grades;
- The Course aims to explore waterproofing, and in particular the use of ‘Cavity Drain’ and Air Gap’ membranes in a variety of different situations from domestic basements to London Underground stations.
- Waterproofing design;
- Forms of waterproofing;
- Anticipated defects;
- Methods of repair;
- Design philosophy;
- Building construction.
BS 8102 – Type A, & C Systems
- Products and material types;
- Render technology and other waterproofing systems;
- Theory of structures;
- Cavity drain systems (internal and external);
- Maintenance of Type C waterproofing systems, maintenance and aftercare;
- Surveying existing structures and preparation for installing waterproofing;
- Financial and practical implications of defects and repair strategies.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
At the end of a Delta training day you will be able to use your new gained knowledge immediately.
Our training courses are held monthly to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.
We can guarantee you’ll leave a Delta training day with new found confidence.
For any queries on cellar drainage equipment, basement waterproofing solutions or structural waterproofing systems please contact us.Get in touch