Why attend a Koster training course?
Structural Warranty Providers such as the NHBC, Premier Guarantee and LABC to name a few specify that 2 forms of waterproofing are used in conjunction when Waterproofing Basements and Below Ground Structures.
The NHBC new Chapter 5.4 which Delta have assisted with the content for the publication of the new technical standards document states a Waterproofing Design Specialist should select the use of Types A, B or C or a variation of these forms.
Other Structural Warranty providers have taken heed of overall industry advice.
The types of Waterproofing fall into 3 categories:
- Type A – Barrier Protection
- Type B- Structurally Integral Watertight Construction
- Type C – Cavity Drain Membrane System
Koster products are suitable for Type A waterproofing and can also be used in the repair of Type B structures through crack injection to water stopping.
Koster products work in harmony with Delta’s Type C Cavity Drain Systems.
The Koster brand offers systems which protect and preserve buildings and structures. Koster Type A waterproofing solutions work harmoniously with heritage buildings, waterproofing new build structures, reinstalling failed horizontal barriers in masonry, restoration of wet basements, and waterproofing of buried roofs and podium decks.
Koster products offer optimum solutions when it comes to waterproofing.
How is the training course structured?
The Koster training course is held at our training facilities at Delta’s Head Office in Epping. We have 2 specialist training rooms and an outside training resource. Our theory and practical rooms have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Type A systems. Our Koster training course provides candidates with a thorough understanding of the Koster brand and how it can be used in application on both new build and existing structures opening up a wealth of opportunities for designers. The course will involve a mixture of theory and practical ‘hands on’ demonstrations. Paul Osselmann B.E. from Koster’s International division in Hamburg will head the training providing candidates with knowledge and expertise. Paul is joined by Nigel Day and Alex Lynn from Koster UK and the Delta Technical Team.
The course will cover:
A technical presentation featuring:
- Principles of Type A Waterproofing
- Positive and Negative side waterproofing concepts
- Leak Stopping Systems
A practical demonstration and “hands on” session that will cover.
- Applying Type A waterproofing products
- Applying Leak Stopping Systems
- Koster Deuxan 2c (thick film sealant)
- Koster NB1 Grey (crystalline slurry)
- Koster 21 (synthetic coating)
- Koster Polysil TG500 (Anti-lime treatment)
- Koster NB4000 (Mineral hybrid coating)
- Koster KD System (instant acting water stop)
- Koster Repair Mortar (dubbing and fillets)
- Koster Waterstop (sealing large holes)
- Koster KB Flex200 (sealing cable penetrations)
- Koster restoration plaster (hydrophobic plaster)
Who is this training course designed for?
The Koster course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks);
- Anyone involved in Type C waterproofing;
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of Type A waterproofing products;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing.
Attendees are given a certificate of attendance.
For any queries on cellar drainage equipment, basement waterproofing solutions or structural waterproofing systems please contact us.Get in touch