Why attend a Koster training course?
Structural Warranty Providers such as the NHBC, Premier Guarantee and LABC to name a few specify that 2 forms of waterproofing are used in conjunction when Waterproofing Basements and Below Ground Structures.
The NHBC new Chapter 5.4 which Delta have assisted with the content for the publication of the new technical standards document states a Waterproofing Design Specialist should select the use of Types A, B or C or a variation of these forms.
Other Structural Warranty providers have taken heed of overall industry advice.
The types of Waterproofing fall into 3 categories:
- Type A – Barrier Protection
- Type B- Structurally Integral Watertight Construction
- Type C – Cavity Drain Membrane System
Koster products are suitable for Type A waterproofing and can also be used in the repair of Type B structures through crack injection to water stopping.
Koster products work in harmony with Delta’s Type C Cavity Drain Systems.
The Koster brand offers systems which protect and preserve buildings and structures. Koster Type A waterproofing solutions work harmoniously with heritage buildings, waterproofing new build structures, reinstalling failed horizontal barriers in masonry, restoration of wet basements, and waterproofing of buried roofs and podium decks.
Koster products offer optimum solutions when it comes to waterproofing.
Who is this training course designed for?
The Koster course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks);
- Anyone involved in Type C waterproofing;
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of Type A waterproofing products;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing.
How is the training course structured?
The Koster training course is held at our training facilities at Delta’s Head Office in Epping. We have 2 specialist training rooms and an outside training resource. Our theory and practical rooms have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Type A systems. Our Koster training course provides candidates with a thorough understanding of the Koster brand and how it can be used in application on both new build and existing structures opening up a wealth of opportunities for designers. The course will involve a mixture of theory and practical ‘hands on’ demonstrations. Paul Osselmann B.E. from Koster’s International division in Hamburg will head the training providing candidates with knowledge and expertise. Paul is joined by Nigel Day and Alex Lynn from Koster UK and the Delta Technical Team.
The course will cover:
- Demonstrations of spray application (NB1 Grey and Duexan 2C) which offers internal and external installation.
- Sealing cracks in substrate in commercial and residential structures.
- Water Stop – products suitable for stopping active leaks “locking down” structures.
- Cable Duct Sealing – products suitable for sealing the inside of cable ducts (service penetrations).
- The correct mixing and application of Koster products suitable for buried roof and podium deck applications.
Candidates are given a certificate of attendance.
Koster Training Course duration is 1 day with a morning and afternoon break. Lunch will be provided.
The next available training days are taking place on Thursday 28 & Friday 29 September 2017, to secure your place(s) please ring 01992 523 523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed booking form.
For any queries on cellar drainage equipment, basement waterproofing solutions or structural waterproofing systems please contact us.Get in touch