Structural Waterproofing Training Course
Structural waterproofing is a term used to describe the methods for preventing/and or managing groundwater entering a structure that is below ground.
Delta’s Structural Waterproofing Training Course covers the Types of Waterproofing (Types A, B & C) but focuses on Type C Waterproofing Solutions and Systems.
Type C waterproofing manages water ingress. The Type C systems will use a combination of membranes, basement floor drainage and sump pumps.
On this intensive 1 Day course, we explore British Standard BS8102: 2009 (the standard which governs the Waterproofing Industry), design concepts, project planning, basement drainage, site preparation along with installation of Type C System.
Learning is not just about sitting in a classroom, which is why we have a fully functional Basement Drainage Training Room where you can learn how the various pumps and control panels work, an outdoor space to learn how to stop active leaks along with a full-size section for installation of the membranes themselves enabling us to share installation techniques for installation, detailing and pipe penetrations. This specifically designed space has been adapted to provide you with a unique “hands-on” training experience as if you were “on site”.
The Delta course is suitable for:
The Delta course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- New employees (for those already registered as Delta Registered Installers)
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2009
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Those seeking to begin the path to become a Delta Registered Installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
Our Delta training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of waterproofing in both new build and existing structures.
The course is designed around key areas:
- Code of Practice BS 8102:2009
- ‘Type C’ waterproofing
- Cavity drainage membrane
- Drainage, sumps, pumps, alarms, and control panels
- Case studies of typical problems and how they can be solved
- Achieving environmental grades (performance levels)
The Course aims to explore waterproofing, and in particular the use of ‘Cavity Drain’ and Air Gap’ membranes in a variety of different situations from domestic basements to London Underground stations.
- Principles of Structural Waterproofing
- Waterproofing design
- Forms of waterproofing
- Anticipated defects
- Methods of repair
- Design philosophy
- Building construction
- BS 8102 – Type A, & C Systems
- Products and material types
- Render technology and other waterproofing systems
- Theory of structures
- Cavity drainage systems (internal and external)
- Maintenance of Type C waterproofing systems, maintenance and aftercare
- Surveying existing structures and preparation for installing waterproofing
- Financial and practical implications of defects and repair strategies
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drain Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new apaches to Type C waterproofing. We work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, reducing risk, product specification and correct product installation.
You’ll be taught by Delta’s MD, David J Symes, a Waterproofing Professional with over 25 years of experience. Previously, David has worked as a carpenter and specialist surveyor in the property care industry before moving into waterproofing Design.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
You’ll have new skills, knowledge and be on your way to becoming a Delta Registered Installer.
Our training courses are held monthly to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.