Mr X, London “I wish I had attended Delta’s training course sooner, Great course – well done Chris, it covered everything that I expected and more”
Why attend a Delta training course?
As the leading brand in Cavity Drain Membranes (type C), we’re here to help you take the next step on your professional development journey. Attending a Delta course will enhance your earning potential as Delta Registered Installers are able to furnish clients with a 30 year product guarantee offering peace of mind and confidence.
Delta Membranes’ focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector. Delta Membranes seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type C waterproofing/damp proofing, we work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, product selection and correct product installation.
Learning is not just about sitting in a classroom, that’s why we have a fully functional sump & pump training room. This specially designed space has been adapted to provide you with a unique ‘hands-on’ training experience.
Unfortunately, over many years, we have encountered many failed Type C Systems (Cavity Drain) due to poor installation and/or poor design or a combination of both. As manufacturers we do our very best to keep a great name for the industry which we believe it deserves. Attend a Delta course and get the design and installation right from the outset.
Who is this training course designed for?
The Delta course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (car parks, etc);
- Those seeking to refresh knowledge;
- New employees (for those already Delta Registered Installers);
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2009;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing;
- Those seeking to begin the path of becoming a Delta registered installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
The Delta Training course is held at our specialised training facilities in Epping or at our training facilities in Wakefield (Delta North). We have 2 specialist training rooms. A theory room and a practical room, these have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Type C sector. Our Delta training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of waterproofing in both new build and existing structures.
What does the Delta course structure around?
The course is designed around key areas:
- Code of Practice BS 8102:2009;
- ‘Type C’ waterproofing;
- Cavity drainage membranes;
- Drainage, sumps and pumps;
- Case studies of typical problems and how they can be solved;
- Achieving environmental grades;
- The Course aims to explore waterproofing, and in particular the use of ‘Cavity Drain’ and Air Gap’ membranes in a variety of different situations from domestic basements to London Underground stations.
Principles of Structural Waterproofing
- Waterproofing design;
- Forms of waterproofing;
- Anticipated defects;
- Methods of repair;
- Design philosophy;
- Building construction.
BS 8102 – Type A, & C Systems
- Products and material types;
- Render technology and other waterproofing systems;
- Theory of structures;
- Cavity drain systems (internal and external);
- Maintenance of Type C waterproofing systems, maintenance and aftercare;
- Surveying existing structures and preparation for installing waterproofing;
- Financial and practical implications of defects and repair strategies.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
At the end of a Delta training day you will be able to use your new gained knowledge immediately.
Our training courses are held monthly to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.