Why attend a Koster Advanced training course?
There are 3 types of Waterproofing within the construction industry these are:
- Type A – Barrier Protection
- Type B- Structurally Integral Watertight Construction
- Type C – Cavity Drain Membrane Systems
Koster products are suitable for Type A waterproofing and can also be used in the repair of Type B structures through crack injection to water stopping.
Koster products work in harmony with Delta’s Type C Cavity Drain Systems.
Koster products preserve and protect buildings and structures from water ingress. Koster Type A waterproofing solutions work harmoniously with heritage buildings, new build structures, reinstalling failed horizontal barriers in masonry, restoration of wet basements and waterproofing of buried roofs and podium decks.
Koster products offer optimum solutions when it comes to waterproofing.
How is the training course structured?
The Koster advanced training course is held at our training facilities at Delta’s Head Office, in Epping. We have 2 specialist training rooms and an outside training resource. Our theory and practical rooms have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Type A systems. Our Koster advanced training course provides candidates with a thorough understanding of the Koster brand and how it can be used in application on both new build and existing structures opening up a wealth of opportunities for designers. The course will involve a mixture of theory and practical ‘hands on’ demonstrations. Paul Osselmann B.E. from Koster’s International division in Hamburg will head the training providing attendees with knowledge and expertise. Paul is joined by Nigel Day and Alex Lynn from Koster UK and the Delta Technical Team.
The course will cover:
A technical presentation featuring:
- Principles of crack injection systems
- Uses of crack injection systems
- Positive and Negative side waterproofing concepts
- Leak Stopping Systems and techniques for demanding conditions
A practical demonstration and “hands on” session that will cover.
- Applying crack injection systems
- Applying Leak Stopping Systems
- Demanding conditions and Leak Stopping techniques.
- Koster KB Pur 2in1 resin
- Koster Pur Gel
- Koster KB Pur in5 resin
- Koster Geofoam
- Koster KB Pur in7 resin
- Koster NB1 Grey (crystalline slurry)
- Koster KB pox IN
Who is this training course designed for?
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers;
- Anyone involved in Type A waterproofing;
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks);
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of Type A waterproofing products;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and to have a better understanding of the Koster brand;
- Anyone who has attended the Koster course and seeking a further in-depth understanding of the Koster brand;
- Those seeking to refresh knowledge.
To Secure one of the 24 places available on our training course, you must return the booking form (by e-mail to info@ deltamembranes.com or fax: 01992 523 250) and make payment as soon as possible by card or bank transfer. A verbal “booking” will not secure your place.
Attendees are given a certificate of attendance.