Why attend a Pump training course?
A sump pump system lies at the heart of a Cavity Drain System.
As the leading brand in Cavity Drain Membranes (Type C), our focus is to provide a training course which develops essential skills within the waterproofing sector. Delta Membranes seeks share new approaches to Type C waterproofing whilst working to one aim: to help you understand water ingress, the principles of waterproofing design, product selection and correct product installation.
A submersible pump is a special designed machine that is used to remove water from a sump pit. Submersible pumps are generally used to pump water away from a basement.
A submersible pump has an integrated design that places both the motor and the pump inside a specially designed waterproof housing. A submersible pump is designed to get wet.
Our pump training course is held at our training facilities at Delta’s Head Office in Epping. We have 2 specialist training rooms and an outside training resource. Our theory and practical rooms have been designed to enable attendees to gain a true understanding of the Delta systems.
Ian Davis, from Package Pump Systems will head the training course providing candidates with knowledge and expertise. Package Pump Systems “PPS” are specialist manufacturers of submersible packaged pump stations for the building services market. Typical applications include pumping foul, surface and ground water from domestic and commercial properties. Ian is joined by members of Delta’s Technical Team.
A technical presentation covering:
- What is a Type C waterproofing system?
- What is a pump station?
- Drainage options
- Calculating number and size of pump stations
- Installation of pump stations (mechanical & electrical)
- Completing the system
- Maintenance & Commissioning
Who is the course designed for?
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (car parks, etc);
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground;
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand;
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing;
- Anyone who has attended the Delta course and seeking a further in-depth understanding of our pump product range;
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers;
- Those seeking to refresh knowledge.