Waterproofing Existing Basements - Continual Professional Development Seminar
When dealing with existing basements (domestic, commercial, historical or conservation, from multi-level, high water tables, complex foundations, or basements constructed with adjacent properties), there are many different challenges encountered when creating a unique, robust waterproofing solution. This CPD seminar will outline key design philosophies.
Delta Membrane Systems Limited, the UK leading manufacturer of Cavity Drain (Type C) waterproofing offers a technical insight into structural waterproofing existing basements and cellars. Touching on client requirements when designing and specifying waterproofing systems whilst developing an understanding of the levels of protection which can be achieved, along with the features, benefits, and options available for a robust waterproofing solution. Delta’s presentation focuses on creating a solution which meets British Standard 8102:2009, the code of practice for the waterproofing industry and ensuring designs conform as a minimum. Topics will include how various levels of protection can be achieved, as well as why some waterproofing systems fail, and what can be done to remedy failed systems whilst remaining compliant with standards.
Our RIBA approved CPD Seminar, is a 45-minute presentation which offers delegates an informative question & answer session which can be held: either at your offices, online, or at Delta’s dedicated training facility at our head office in Epping, Essex.
This comprehensive session will cover:
- Converting existing basements and cellars
- Different usage
- Different waterproofing types
- Type A and C Waterproofing Methods
- Standards and Regulations
- BS 8102:2009
- Party Wall Act
Our Waterproofing Existing Basements presentation will provide delegates with an effective first-hand technical approach to retrofitting existing structures. Examining ways of converting existing basement or cellars, changing their use and why several types of waterproofing approaches are more appropriate than others and site-specific requirements.
Centring on designing the most appropriate waterproofing system to any given situation, exploring various design factors, such as (but not limited to), final use of the building, the grade of waterproofing requirement under the British Standard, structural considerations based on the form of construction and in some cases, satisfying the requirements of building warranty providers, for example NHBC.
Guidance on a life-cycle oriented design whilst addressing life-cycle concepts and methods, deterioration and damage evaluation, life-cycle performance indicators and inspection & maintenance procedures.
- Installation Code of Practice
- CAD Drawing
For whom is this training seminar designed?
This CPD seminar is suitable for:
- Structural Engineers
- Structural Warranty providers or those working in the structural warranty sector
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning, and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2009
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Anyone involved in retrofit basements and below ground structures
- Those seeking to refresh knowledge
- New employees
- Those who wish to update their skills and gain more knowledge