Delta Amphibia (Active Core Liner) Training
Delta Amphibia satisfies all grades of waterproofing in accordance with BS 8102:2022, Table 2 as Type A, Barrier Protection System in accordance with section 8, Type A (Barrier) Protection – Sub Section 8.2.4, Active Core Liners and Table 3, Waterproofing Barriers.
Type A waterproofing systems are barrier systems which is applied directly to the structure. Type A membranes can be applied inside or outside the structure to prevent free water entering the building.
On this intensive 1 Day course, our team of technical tutors will cover Type A waterproofing design concepts, in particularly the installation of Delta Amphibia membranes. Delta Amphibia, a pre- and post- applied fully bonded waterproofing membrane with reactive core, this hydro-reactive, self-healing, self-sealing multi-layer waterproofing system can be applied on vertical and horizontal areas of new construction.
All Delta courses cover BS 8102:2022 (and other best practice reference documents).
Learning is not just about sitting in a classroom, which is why we have a fully functional practical training area for installation of the membranes themselves enabling us to share techniques for installation, detailing and pipe penetrations. This specifically designed space has been adapted to provide you with a unique “hands-on” training experience as if you were “on site”.
The Delta Amphibia course is suitable for:
The Delta Amphibia course is suitable for:
- Technicians who install Waterproofing Systems
- Technicians who design Waterproofing Systems
- Anyone involved in new build basements (including car parks, etc)
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- New employees (for those already registered as Delta Registered Installers)
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2022
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge
- Those seeking to begin the path to become a Delta Registered Installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
Our Delta Amphibia training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of Type A waterproofing in new build structures.
The course is designed around key areas:
- Code of Practice BS 8102:2022 and other reference documents
- ‘Type A’ waterproofing
- Fully bonded membranes
- Achieving environmental grades (performance levels)
- Waterproofing design
- Building construction
- Principles Type A waterproofing systems
- Waterproofing concepts
- Substrates and product suitability
- Surface preparation
- Product Application
- Methods for inspection of correct installation
- Methods of repair
- Maintenance and servicing waterproofing systems
Practical demonstrations and “hands on” session will cover:
- Surface Preparation
- Product Installation
- Delta Amphibia 1.3mm
- Delta Amphibia AKTI-VO 201
- Delta Amphibia Bi Mastic
- Delta Amphibia Pressure Line
- Delta Amphibia Pressure Corners 270º & 90º
- Delta Amphibia Safety Tape
- Delta Amphibia Lap Seal
- Delta Amphibia Stoppers
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drained Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type C waterproofing. We work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, reducing risk, product specification and correct product installation.
How will the Delta Amphibia course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Amphibia course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
On successful completion of the Delta’s Amphibia course delegates will have new skills, knowledge and be on your way to becoming a Delta Registered Installer (for those seeking to become a registered installer).
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.