Property Flood Resilience (PFR) Training
Delta Membrane Systems Limited have been at the forefront of Flood Resilience within the built environment having participated in the BRE Flood Resilience Home and the Cumbria Flood Resilience Show Case.
Delta’s PFR Training Course covers the use of products used historically in structural waterproofing to protect structures from water ingress and adapting the same to work in property flood resilience.
On this intensive 1 Day course, you’ll explore British Standard BS 85500:2015, design concepts, project planning, how flood water enters a property, flood water avoidance, flood water mitigation, flood water exclusion and flood water entry, site preparation along with installation and application of products.
This training course is ideal for both surveyors and contractors who want to strengthen their understanding of the processes involved in property flood resilience and the delivery of these within the built environment.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of waterproofing terminology along with familiarisation of installation tools and techniques.
Delta has a fully functional and state-of-the-art experimental learning area which enables delegates direct practice of specific tools and techniques that are commonly used by Delta’s instructors and Technical Team in property flood resilience.
Who is this Property Flood Resilience (PFR) Training course designed for?
The Delta Property Flood Resilience (PFR) course is suitable for:
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of property flood resilience
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in flood resilience
- Contractors seeking to undertake flood remediation works
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS 85500:2015
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge
How is the training course structured?
Our PFR training provides participants with a thorough understanding of all forms of flood resilience in both new build and existing structures.
The course is designed around key areas:
- What is Flooding
- Types of Flood
- Damage caused by Flooding
- Implications of flood water ingress on the fabric of a structure
- Performance of Structures under Flood Conditions
- Surveying existing structures
- Anticipated defects: What to look for and how to resolve them
- Methods of repair and reinstatement solutions to structures affected by floodwater and water ingress
- Financial and practical implications of repair strategies
- Design philosophy: Water entry and water exclusion strategies: BS 85500:2015
- Solutions which offer long term resilience to future floods
- Products and material types (incorporating products such as flood barriers)
- Cavity drainage membranes
- The relevance of area waterproofing and leak stopping materials
- Drainage, sumps and pumps
- Typical problems and how they can be solved
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drain Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to property flood resilience. We work with one aim in mind: to help you.
You’ll be taught by Delta’s Technical Team and Guests, with over 30 years of experience in the property care industry.
Our training courses are held monthly to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.
How will the Delta Property Flood Resilience (PFR) Training course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Property Flood Resilience (PFR) course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
On successful completion of the Delta’s Property Flood Resilience (PFR) course delegates will have new skills and knowledge in PFR methodology. We are excited about delivering this course, and working with partners in further developing PFR approaches in the near future.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.