Ground Gas Protection Training
Ground Gas protection is a technical solution to prevent or to control gas penetration into properties and structures.
Recent years has seen a greater awareness within the building sector of the risks associated with ground gases, which has led to an increasing number of construction projects requiring the use of suitable protection systems.
The installation of Ground Gas Protection Systems is a highly skilled specialised activity and is becoming more of a requirement within the industry.
Our one-day training course provides good practice on risk assessment, a pragmatic approach to ground gas risk, review of legislation and latest standards, an insight into what ground gas protection systems are, and guidance on gas protection measures.
Our focus is to provide a training course which delivers you and your teams value. Our training courses are designed to be relevant and cost effective whilst being delivered to a high standard.
Delta’s training courses are a combination of knowledge and practical sessions that are designed to develop ability and most importantly practical confidence. Delta’s training fully functional training facilities sets a high benchmark for offering a unique “hands-on” training experience as if you were “on site”.
Who is this Ground Gas Protection Training Course suitable for?
Delta’s Ground Gas Protection Training Course is suitable for:
- Technicians who install Ground Gas Protection Systems
- Technicians who design Ground Gas Protection Systems
- Anyone involved with building on contaminated land
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing/projects below ground/Gas Protection Systems
- Anyone specifying Ground Gas Protection Systems
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge and understanding of legislations surrounding ground gases
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of ground gas protection
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge
- Architects, Civil Engineers, Ground workers, surveyors, contractors and engineers.
How is the Ground Gas Protection Training Course structured?
Our Ground Gas Protection Training Course provides participants with a thorough understanding Ground Gas Protection Systems suitable for both new build and existing structures.
This full-day course covers both a comprehensive technical presentation and practical demonstrations. The Ground Gas Protection theory element of the course is one that builds on knowledge, which is further explored through practical demonstrations to gain a true understanding of the systems and how they can be used in application.
- BS 8485:2015+A1:2019
- CIRIA 735 & 748
- Introduction to ground gases – Methane, CO2, Radon and VOC’s
- Risk Assessments and Risk Pathways
- What is a Ground Gas Protection System?
- Barrier Protection Systems
- Design of Protection systems
- Monitoring requirements
- Basements and Ground Gases
- BS8102:2022 & BS 8485:2015+A1:2019 in combination
- Waterproofing and Gas Protection design and verification
- Waterproofing & Gas protection Barriers
Practical demonstrations for installation and detailing of gas protection barriers.
- Joint Detailing
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drain Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which deliver long-term value for both designers, contractors and technicians. Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new apaches. We work with one aim in mind: to help you.
You’ll be taught by Delta’s Technical Team, Tutors and Mentors who are widely respected for their expertise, experience and ability to provide you with an enjoyable learning experience.
Our training courses are held monthly to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Resin Injection Training Course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
At the end of this training day you will be able to use your new gained knowledge immediately.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Our training courses are held to a maximum capacity of 25 attendees.