Type C, Structural Waterproofing Training Course
Delta’s Type C, Structural Waterproofing Training Course covers the Types of Waterproofing (Types A, B & C) but focuses on Type C Waterproofing solutions and systems.
BS 8102:2022 gives recommendations and provides guidance on methods of dealing with and preventing the entry of water from external sources into structures that are partly or wholly below ground level.
Type C waterproofing protection manages water that penetrates the external shell of a structure by collecting it in a cavity form between the external wall and an internal lining/wall. There is permanent reliance on this cavity to collect ground water seepage and direct it to a suitable discharge point.
On this intensive 1 Day course, our team of technical tutors will cover Type C waterproofing design concepts, project planning, basement drainage, site preparation along with installation of Type C Systems.
Learning is not just about sitting in a classroom, which is why we have a fully functional Basement Drainage Training Room where you can learn how the various pumps and control panels work, an outdoor space to learn how to stop active leaks along with a full-size section for installation of the membranes themselves enabling us to share techniques for installation, detailing and pipe penetrations. This specifically designed space has been adapted to provide you with a unique “hands-on” training experience as if you were “on site”.
The Delta course is suitable for:
The Delta (Type C Waterproofing/Registered Installer) course is suitable for:
- Technicians who install Waterproofing Systems
- Technicians who design Waterproofing Systems
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks, etc)
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- New employees (for those already registered as Delta Registered Installers)
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2022
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge
- Those seeking to begin the path to become a Delta Registered Installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
Our Delta training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of waterproofing in both new build and existing structures.
The course is designed around key areas:
- Code of Practice BS 8102:2022 and other reference documents
- ‘Type C’ waterproofing
- Cavity drainage membranes
- Basement Drainage Systems (including sumps, pumps, alarms, battery backups and control panels)
- Achieving environmental grades (performance levels)
- Case studies of typical problems and how they can be solved
The Course aims to explore waterproofing, and in particular the use of ‘Cavity Drain’ and Air Gap’ membranes in a variety of different situations (from domestic basements to tunneling (such as the London Underground stations)).
- Principles of Structural Waterproofing
- Waterproofing design
- Forms of waterproofing
- Surveying existing structures and preparation for installing waterproofing
- Design philosophy
- Building construction
- Anticipated defects
- Methods of repair
- BS 8102 – Type A, & C Systems
- Products and material types
- Render technology and other waterproofing systems
- Theory of structures
- Cavity Drainage Systems (internal and external)
- Maintenance of Type C waterproofing systems (including maintenance, servicing and aftercare)
- Financial and practical implications of defects and repair strategies
- Installing Type C membranes
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drained Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type C waterproofing. We work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, reducing risk, product specification and correct product installation.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Type C Waterproofing/Registered Installer course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
On successful completion of the Delta’s Type C Waterproofing /Delta Registered Installer course delegates will have new skills, knowledge and be on your way to becoming a Delta Registered Installer (for those seeking to become a registered installer).
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.