BBA Award for Delta Amphibia, Pre- Post Applied Membrane
We are proud to announce that our Amphibia, a pre- and post- applied fully bonded waterproofing membrane with reactive core, this hydro-reactive, self-healing, self-sealing multi-layer waterproofing system which can be applied on vertical and horizontal areas of new construction has been awarded BBA Certification, rubber-stamping Delta’s rigorous approach to product specification and assessment.
Agrément Certificates ensure products and systems that have passed a series of comprehensive assessments – including laboratory tests, on-site evaluations, quality management checks and inspections of production.
- factors relating to compliance with Building Regulations where applicable
- factors relating to additional non-regulatory information where applicable
- independently verified technical specification
- assessment criteria and technical investigations
- design considerations
- installation guidance
- regular surveillance of production
- formal three-yearly review.
BBA certification is a mark of quality, safety and reliability and is recognised by building control, government departments, architects, local authorities, specifiers, and industry insurers.
Delta Amphibia – Pre- Post Applied Waterproofing Membranes
Key factors assessed included:
- Resistance to water and water vapour — the system provides an effective barrier to the passage of water under hydrostatic pressure and water vapour from the ground.
- Resistance to mechanical damage — the system will accept the limited foot traffic and loads associated with installation.
- Durability — under normal service conditions and when suitably protected, the system will provide an effective barrier to the transmission of liquid water and water vapour for the design service life of the structure in which it is incorporated.
NHBC Standards 2018
In the opinion of the BBA, Delta Amphibia, if installed, used, and maintained in accordance with this Certificate, can satisfy or contribute to satisfying the relevant requirements in relation to NHBC Standards, Chapter 5.4 Waterproofing of basements and other below ground structures.
Where Grade 3 (BS 8102:2022 Table 2) waterproofing protection is required, and the below ground wall retains more than 600 mm (measured from the top of the retained ground to the lowest finished floor level).
In the opinion of the BBA, the system is suitable for use on existing structures when installed and used in accordance with this Certificate and NHBC Standards for Conversions and Renovations, taking account of other relevant guidance within this document on the suitability of the substrate to receive the system, and where necessary, the relevant Chapters of NHBC Standards.
Delta Amphibia satisfies all grades of waterproofing in accordance with Table 2 as Type A barrier Protection system in accordance with section 8 Type A (Barrier) Protection – sub section 8.2.4 Active Core Liners and Table 3 Waterproofing Barriers.
The Certificate holder has taken the responsibility of CE marking the system, in accordance with harmonised European Standard BS EN 15814:2011.
For more information on our Amphibia Membranes visit our website here.