Koster Deuxan 2C – bitumen
Koster Deuxan 2C is a robust crack-bridging, 2 component polymer modified bitumen thick film sealant for waterproofing construction.
Koster Deuxan 2C is designed for the secure and permanent exterior waterproofing of basement walls, foundations, floorplates and for intermediate waterproofing of balconies, terraces as well as for wet and damp rooms. Koster Deuxan 2C is also suited for the intermediate waterproofing underneath screeds and for bonding insulation and drainage boards.
Enquire about this product
- Product Details
- Technical Drawings
- BBA Approved
- Koster Deuxan 2C is satisfactory for use as a fully bonded, Type A Barrier protection waterproofing as defined in BS 8102:2009 for waterproofing of new and existing structures
- Positive and negative side waterproofing against pressurized water
- Priming is not necessary on polystyrene substrates – Such as ICF Construction
- Can be used internally and externally on concrete, brickwork, blockwork or masonry, or as a dampproof and waterproof membrane for solid floors and tanking below ground to provide an effective barrier to the transmission of liquid water where Grades 1 to 3 waterproofing protection is required, as defined in Table 2 of BS 8102:2022
- Impervious to water and will act as a waterproof layer
- Easy application
- Seamless application
- Suitable for new construction and repair on existing structures
- Suitable for waterproofing basements (exterior or interior horizontal and vertical surfaces)
- Possess excellent pressure and abrasion resistance
Koster Deuxan 2C is always applied in two layers.
Koster Glass Fibre Mesh – Glass silk fabric for reinforcing. The application of Koster Glass Fibre Mesh is predominantly necessary on areas which are exposed to pressurized water and which are in danger of cracking as well as on connections, transitions and fillets.
Deuxan 2C is the perfect solution for waterproofing:
- Retaining Walls
- Podium Decks
- Buried Roofs / Green Roofs
- Terraces & Balconies
For outstanding performance substrates must be slightly damp or dry with no visible water, frost or particles.
All tools/machinery are to be clean with Koster Universal cleaner instantly after use.
Always wear protective clothing, gloves and safety goggles during the processing and application of Koster Deuxan 2C. Also ensure to abide by local safety regulations.
- NBS Specification J30 Liquid Applied Tanking/Damp Proofing 110A Cold Applied Tanking & Gas Proofing