Sump Pump Management
Get hands on installation training focusing on the design and installation of Basement Drainage Systems.
On this instructor-led, intensive 1 Day course, participants will build on practical skills and knowledge to be able to safely and effectively understand the design and installation requirements of basement drainage systems (sump pumps and pumping ancillaries) used alongside Delta’s Type C, Cavity Drained Protection System.
This training course is ideal for both expert and novice technicians who want to strengthen their knowledge and are seeking the fundamentals required for successful sump pump and ancillary installation. The course covers designing drainage and pumping systems and the importance of BS 8102:2022 (and other best practice reference documents) pump types, parts, common causes of pump failure, repair techniques along with electronic installation.
The course is run in a safe environment but does not provide electrical competence. Participants should have a basic knowledge of waterproofing terminology along with familiarisation of installation tools and techniques.
Who is the course designed for?
- Technicians who install Basement Drainage Systems (Delta Dual V3, Dual V4, Dual V6, Delta V3 Foul, High Water Level Alarms and Battery Backups)
- Technicians who design Basement Drainage Systems (Delta Dual V3, Dual V4, Dual V6, Delta V3 Foul, High Water Level Alarms and Battery Backups)
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks, etc)
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Anyone who has attended other Delta courses and is seeking a further in-depth understanding of our basement drainage (sump pump) product range
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge.
How is the training course structured?
Our Sump Pump Management training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of Basement Drainage both new build and existing structures.
The course is designed around key areas:
- BS 8102:2022 and other reference documents
- ‘Type C’ waterproofing
- Drainage design – package pump stations, pumps, alarms, control panels and battery backups
- Health & Safety considerations
- Case studies of typical problems and how they can be solved
The course will enable participants to develop a deeper understanding on Basement Drainage Systems.
- Understanding design approaches to drainage and pumping systems (including concrete slab considerations)
- Understanding different pumps and their applications
- Identify and understand the operation of different components within a basement drainage system
- Sump chambers/installation
- Installation of drainage system (including pipework and pumps)
- Understanding common pump station faults. (Airlocks, faulty float assemblies, blockages etc)
- Testing basement drainage systems (flood tests)
- Understand the options available to maintain a basement drainage system (covering commissioning and future maintenance)
- Understand minimums for Maintenance & Commissioning
Participants will do both group and individual exercises.
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C, Cavity Drainage Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type C waterproofing. We work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, reducing risk, product specification and correct product installation.
How will this Delta course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Sump Pump Management course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
On successful completion of the Delta’s Sump Pump Management course participants will have new skills, knowledge and be on your way to becoming a Delta Registered Installer (for those wishing to become Registered Installers).
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.