Why attend a Type A Barrier Protection (External/Positive Side) Course?
Our Koster Waterproofing Type A (External/Positive Side) Training Course compliments our Type A (Internal/Negative Side) Waterproofing training course. Aimed for waterproofing technicians who are responsible for one or a number of tasks within the sector such as designing, specifying, and installing Type A waterproofing solutions.
The 1- day theory and practical course focuses on BS 8102:2022, Type A (Barrier Protection) waterproofing held in partnership with Koster Waterproofing Solutions.
The course will give participants the opportunity to develop their technical skills, role-related knowledge and understanding of Type A waterproofing systems. Topics of the day will cover waterproofing design, structures, surface and site preparation along with installation/application of Type A waterproofing solutions.
This course will help technicians develop personal growth with engaging learning.
Who is this training course designed for?
The Delta Type A Waterproofing (External/Positive Side) Training Course is suitable for:
- Technicians who install Waterproofing Systems
- Technicians who design Waterproofing Systems
- Anyone involved in retrofit and new build basements (including car parks, etc)
- Those seeking to refresh product application and knowledge
- New employees (for those already registered as Delta Registered Installers)
- Anyone who works within the environments of design, planning and installation of any structural waterproofing projects below ground
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of the Delta brand
- Anyone wishing to expand their overall knowledge of waterproofing and wish to have a better understanding of BS8102:2022
- Those wishing to form a better understanding of water management in basements and below ground structures in relation to waterproofing
- Architects, surveyors, contractors and engineers
- Waterproofing professionals seeking to refresh knowledge
- Those seeking to begin the path to become a Delta Registered Installer- stage 1, considered high standing in the industry.
How is the training course structured?
Our Type A training provides candidates with a thorough understanding of all forms of waterproofing in both new build and existing structures.
The Type A Waterproofing theory element of the course is one that builds on knowledge, which is further explored through practical demonstrations to gain a true understanding of the systems and how they can be used in application on both new build and existing structures.
A technical presentation featuring:
- Principles of Type A Waterproofing
- Positive side waterproofing concepts
- Leak Stopping Systems
- Substrates and product suitability
- Surface preparation
- Product Application
Practical demonstrations and “hands on” session that will cover:
- Primers and Surface Preps
- Applying Type A waterproofing products
- Applying Leak Stopping Systems
- Crack Stopping Systems
- Koster Deuxan 2c
- Koster NB4000
- Koster 21
- Koster KSK
- Koster KBE Liquid Film
- Koster Repair Mortar Plus
- Koster Polysil TG500
- Koster FS-H
- Koster Flex Tape
Delta Membrane Systems Ltd is the leading Type C Cavity Drain Membrane Manufacturer in the United Kingdom. Delta provides a full range of waterproofing and damp proofing solutions. We also supply ground gas protection membranes protecting structures from harmful ground gases such as radon, carbon dioxide, methane & hydrocarbons.
Delta’s focus is to provide a training course which delivers long-term value to those in the waterproofing sector (from designer to technician). Delta seeks to nurture talents and to share new approaches to Type A waterproofing. We work with one aim in mind: to help you understand water ingress, principles of waterproofing design, reducing risk, product specification and correct product installation.
How will the Delta course benefit me?
For the successful completion of Delta’s Type A Waterproofing course participants must complete a multiple-choice question and answer assessment.
At the end of this training day participants will be able to use their new gained knowledge immediately.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.