DELTA® FM – 3mm cavity
DELTA®-FM 3mm damp proofing membrane is specifically designed for floor applications to combat dampness and contamination. The special 3mm low stud profile minimises changes in floor levels but still provides an air gap to achieve damp pressure equalisation.
The membrane is a fast-track application that allows various floor finishes to be achieved with zero ‘down time’. DELTA®-FM can be used in new build, remedial or refurbishment projects for floors, and walls.
DELTA®-FM can also be used in conjunction with Thermal installation, sound insulation and many types of underfloor heating systems.
Delta®-FM is used as damp-proofing on walls, floors and vaulted ceilings, above and below ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background. It can support a dry lining, screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- on damp walls and floors in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- on vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls and floors have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over walls and floors which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated (eg with oil or mould), or have a high salt content
- as a waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- an underfloor damp-proof membrane
- a dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available
- a sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
|Material:||high-performance high-density polyethylene|
|Temperature Resistance:||-30degC / +80degC|
|Thickness:||approx. 0.6 mm|
|Stud Height:||approx. 3 mm|
|Roll Size:||2m x 20m|
|Compressive Strength:||Approx 140 kN/m2|
|Chemical Properties:||Excellent chemical resistance; No root penetration; rot-proof; approved for drinking water applications|
|Behaviour in Fire:||Class E|
If you'd like more information on any of our products, call 01992 523 523 today to speak to one of our experts