DELTA® PT-Lath – 8mm cavity meshed
DELTA® PT / DELTA® Lath is a high performance polyethylene meshed membrane which is extruded into a series of studs. The purpose of the studs is to create a continuous air gap behind the waterproof membrane. On the face of the membrane a welded mesh allows plasters and renders to bond efficiently to achieve dry and durable finishes. DELTA® PT-lath is watertight, resistant to high and low temperature extremes, chemically resistant to acids, alkalis, oil and solvents and is approved for use in drinking water applications. It can be used internally or externally on walls and vaults.
Delta®-PT is used for waterproofing and damp-proofing on internal and external walls, and vaulted ceilings, above and below ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background. It can support plastering, rendering or a dry lining fixed by plaster dabs (where appropriate) in the following situations:
- on damp walls in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- on vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over walls which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated with oil or mould, or have a high salt content
- as a waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- a dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available
- a sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
Tape & fixing details
To fix the PT-Lath to the wall you will require our PT Plugs with grommets and double-sided tape to seal at joints/overlaps. Also Fleece tape is a useful product for over-sealing joints like the wall & floor joint, it has a fleece backing designed for plastering & rendering onto.
View Brochure BBA Certificate Installation Guide Watch Video Guide
|Product code:||DMS002 / DMS001|
|Material:||high density polyethylene|
|Temperature Resistance:||– 30°C to + 80°C|
|Thickness:||approx. 0.5 mm|
|Stud Height:||approx. 8 mm|
|Roll Size:||2.0 x 20 m / 1.5 x 10 m|
|Compressive Strength:||approx. 70 kN/m2|
|Chemical Properties:||resistant to chemicals, resistant to root penetration, rotproof, neutral towards drinking water|
|Drainage (l/s · m):||approx. 5 l/s · m|
|Drainage (l/min · m):||approx. 300 l/min · m|
|Drainage (l/h · m):||approx. 18 100 l/h · m|
|Behaviour in Fire:||Class E|
If you'd like more information on any of our products, call 01992 523 523 today to speak to one of our experts